1. Who will teach me?
My name is Jenny. I have been teaching English as a second language for 20 years. I will be teaching you over Skype to help you improve your spoken and written English. If you need to work on your writing, I can proofread and edit a wide range of documents. Whatever your language-learning goals are, I am confident I can help you achieve them.
2. What type of lessons are offered?
- General English Lessons
- EAP Lessons
- Cambridge IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE Exam Preparation Lessons
3. Where do lessons take place?
I teach over Skype, so you will need to set up a Skype account. This means you can study English from the comfort of your own home.
4. What level of English do I need to start lessons?
You need to have some basic knowledge of English. If you are not sure about your level, contact me for a free 30-minute consultation and I will tell you what level you are. We will also discuss your aims and I will suggest a study plan for you.
5. How much do lessons cost?
Speaking and writing lessons over Skype are:
One lesson paid for in advance – £35 per hour
Five lessons paid for in advance – £32.50 per hour (£162.50)
Ten lessons paid for in advance – £30 per hour (£300)
6. How much does proofreading and editing cost?
I offer 2 different services:
A) Proofreading and editing for Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD’s, Websites, Journal Articles, Business Documents and Novels. The fee is £30 per hour. You send me your writing, then I give you a quote for the overall time and fee.
B) Proofreading and Editing for Cambridge IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE Exam Preparation. The fee of £30 includes the marking of two exam essays. I provide corrections, comments and a score for both essays.
7. How can I book a lesson?
• You can book an individual 1-HOUR LESSON, a 5-LESSON PACK or a 10-LESSON PACK.
• If you want to buy a pack of 5 or 10 lessons, you first need to register to access your customer panel by clicking on Customer Login.
• Once there, you can purchase a pack (‘PRE-PAID PACKAGES’) of 5 or 10 lessons.
• After purchasing a pack, you can spend the credits within a limited time.
• When you have bought credits, you need to make a new booking (‘NEW BOOKING’) on your customer panel and choose the ‘PRE-PAID CREDITS’ tab.
8. How can I pay for lessons or proofreading and editing?
You can pay through PayPal. If you haven’t got a PayPal account, you can pay by bank card.
9. Can I get an invoice?
Yes. I will send you an invoice through PayPal or by email.
10. What time can I have a lesson?
Please check the calendar on the booking page for availability.
11. How far in advance can I book a lesson?
You can book a lesson 24 hours in advance.
12. Can I cancel or reschedule a lesson?
You can not cancel a lesson but you can reschedule a lesson more than 24 hours before it’s scheduled to take place. You can reschedule the same lesson as many times as you want.
13. Can my teacher cancel a lesson?
It is unlikely that I will cancel a lesson but if I need to, I will inform you more than 24 hours before so that you can reschedule.
14. Do I have to use my lessons within a certain time?
Yes. Taking your lessons within a certain time promotes your learning and helps you stay focused on your goals.
One single lesson must be used within one month of booking.
A course of five lessons must be used within two months of booking.
A course of ten lessons must be used within three month of booking.
15. Can I receive a refund?
Once you have paid for a lesson you can not receive a refund, but you can change the dates of lessons you have paid for if this is done more than 24 hours in advance.
16. I have already paid for a LESSON PACKAGE. How can I spend my credits?
• Through your customer panel you can purchase ‘prepaid packages’, ‘view existing credits’ or make and ‘manage your bookings’.
• Remember to spend your pack credits by choosing ‘New Booking’ on your customer panel and then ‘PREPAID CREDITS’ tab > ‘1-HOUR LESSON OVER SKYPE FOR PACKAGES OWNERS’.