Proofreading involves the correction of grammar, spelling and punctuation errors in a piece of writing. Proofreading should be done as the last stage in the writing process once a document has already been edited.
I have done proofreading work for students at the University of Manchester, Manchester Business School and Salford University. I have also proofread and copy-edited a wide range of documents for corporate clients. I use Track Changes to correct and comment on your work.
What is copy-editing?
I offer proofreading of:
I offer proofreading and copy-editing of:
A) Proofreading and Copy-editing for Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD’s, Websites, Journal Articles, Business Documents and Novels
How it works:
- Check your writing several times then send me a sample of 300 words to email@example.com
- Based on the sample, I give you an estimate of the time needed to proofread/copy-edit 1,000 words.
- I then give you a quote for the overall proofreading/copy-editing time and fee.
- You then book the number of hours I have quoted and pay the fee by bank transfer or PayPal then send me your document by email.
- I proofread/copy-edit your document using Track Changes then send it back with corrections and comments.
B) Proofreading and Copy-editing for Cambridge IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE Exam Preparation
How it works:
- Check your writing several times then send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book the number of hours you needand pay the fee by bank transfer or PayPal then send me your document by email.
- I proofread/copy-edit your essays using Track Changes then send them back withcorrections, comments and a score.
- Please note that the hourly rate of £30 includes the marking of two exam essays. You will therefore need to send me two essays at the same time.